Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Would anyone watch MTV'S The Hills with no Lauren CONRAD?


Lauren Conrad may be leaving "The Hills," but that may not mean the end of the show.
An insider is now saying MTV is contemplating continuing the series with the existing cast of glam Angelenos -- Audrina, Brody, Heidi, Spencer, et al -- sans Conrad.
Her final 10-episode fifth season -- yes, MTV has now nixed calling the last batch "bonus episodes" -- is set to return on March 30 at 10 p.m.
How "The Hills" goes on without her is anyone's guess. Conrad, after all, has been the center of all things "Hills," getting romanced, backstabbed by her friends, reunited with old ones and disappointed by all, over the course of the last four seasons.
Then again, Heidi and Spencer work overtime to make sure the series has stayed in the headlines, and it's not unthinkable to imagine the show re-focused on them. Audrina and Justin Bobby? Not so much.
Whatever the case, "The Hills" will undoubtedly send Conrad off with a fond farewell.
"Fans first fell in love with Lauren when she was just 17 years old and a high school senior in Laguna Beach," executive producer Liz Gately told us. "For the five years that followed, Lauren allowed MTV to follow every aspect of her incredible journey in life. We watched her grow into an adult on 'The Hills,' from her first real love to finding a career in fashion to difficult times when friendships unraveled. It is bittersweet, but I understand why she is saying goodbye.
"I will be forever grateful for all that she shared with us and am incredibly proud of the television we made together."
-- Denise Martin
Interesting, the executive producer is saying Lauren is gone too, I guess it really will be over.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Anonymous said...

I can't watch the hills with no lauren it wont be the same.

Anonymous said...

hope the hills still will be good! i am going to miss her too!

Anonymous said...

MTV, listen up, you better give lauren more money and less episodes, make it happen!

Anonymous said...

i agree give lauren more money and she will be happy. it just wont be the same without her

Anonymous said...

who will be the lead if lauren leaves? heidi? audrina? stephanie?
maybe they should bring whitney back?

Anonymous said...

i just realized in this pic lauren is with jeanna kough from the real housewives of orange county http://www.shareapic.net/content.php?id=11098899&owner=tara_brooke

Anonymous said...

If Lauren left, I would START watching it, LOL.

Anonymous said...

^^so your the one huh!

Anonymous said...

I would not watch The Hills without Lauren. Please, who's going to carry the show? Heidi...Audrina... i like to fast forward them on my tivo. :P

Anonymous said...

I WONT WATCH WITHOUT LAUREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!.

Anonymous said...

They would have to try and get Kristin or Stephen, none of the other people are worth watching.

Anonymous said...

MTV, please! please!keep lauren on the show I can't watch heidi and spencer fake fight or audrina "CEILING EYES" patridge chase after dirty boys anymore I will pull my hair out. PLEASE MTV don't do this! i will miss lc.

Anonymous said...

some other site said that ceiling eyes is getting her own show on E! that's premiering in September.

Anonymous said...

I doubt mtv will carry it on less Lauren. The ratings i would say honestly would drop 2/3.

Anonymous said...

In all honesty, I still watch but I don't look forward to it like I used to, I used to try and plan around watching it. Now if I miss it I catch it on the weekend or catch it the next week. Used to be must see in my book now not so much. The only show for me now that I hate to miss is Big Bang Theory on CBS monday nights.