Thursday, April 3, 2008

Lauren CONRAD pro GAY marriage?


If that's true, Lauren makes me sick!
Let me clarify a few things as some of you jumped to erroneous conclusions about this post. One, I do not hate gays. Two, I support gay rights when it comes to things like we can all drink out of the same water fountain, we can all ride the bus, we should not be beaten because we are catholic, or gay or black, etc. Three, like many of you I know people that are gay and quite frankly the fact they are gay and have a different sexual preference than myself certainly does not define who they are in life. Quite honestly, sexual preference is not even on my list as a criteria for whether I call someone a friend.


When I say if LC is pro gay marraige it sickens me. It sickens me because this is another quasi celebrity with little education who is coming out pro something without any real knowledge or repurcussions to gay marriage. Lc does have a large and IMPRESSIONABLE young fan base who will also be pro gay marriage simply because LC is pro gay marriage. This disturbs me. This trend of celebrity particularly uneducated celebrity influencing society and policy.

Gay marriage is a complicated issue like abortion. In an ideal world abortion would not be possible. Unfortuantly, rape does happen that results in pregnancy, young children do get pregnant without any resources to raise a child or even insure the child could be placed in a good home. Gay marriage will open the door to polygamy and other alternate types of marriage. Gay marriage will open a pandora's box of repurcussions for decades to come.
One day I will take the time to further detail why gay marriage is a serious issue and much more complicated than as one commentor commented that "their gay friend should have the same rights as you do".

It is wonderful to be passionate in life but also keep an open mind to complicated issues. The fact a few of you were so quick to play the hate card shows me a few of you are not well versed on the complexities of gay marriage. Rather than living your life based on "I feel" you should strive for an "I think" philosophy based on deep research into the issues. I think it is very interesting that not one of the "hate" posters gave any reasons as to the validity and value of gay marriage.

I suspect you people are the same people that yell racist too not knowing what racist means. Racist is someone who believes an entire race should be removed from society. Many people are prejudice very few are racist. Start your education there.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

crs people like you make the world so screwed up great job at offending the few people that come on this site who are probably gay or bi or knows someone who is you are ignorant as hell.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the TV Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://tv-digital-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

Let's vote on gay marriage. I got 10 bucks that says the pro gay marriage crowd couldn't pull 20 percent nationwide. You all who are so pro gay marriage, I assume your equally as ok with polygamy or cousins marrying or other types of marriage outside of a nuclear family. All the divorce in this country is bad enough. Let's screw the kids up even more with gay marriage. Gays will then be able to adopt too. There are many repurcussions to gay marriage. Repurcussions I would say none of you have thought out. Hopefully crs will elaborate because I find them entertaining and intelligent reading their post. I have also never seen anything on their blogs that lead me to believe they hate gays. I agree with the poster that said to chill out.

Anonymous said...

Ah Hell...I could one care less one way or the other, you wanna marry a dud and you're a dude, go for it. You wanna marry your second cousin, who cares! The thnig that bothers me is the judgement. I do agree with CSR a bit that we have do have another uneducated person coming out spewing about their beliefs and on a very impressionable demographic. It's the "New" thing to be all into gay rights and people cival duty to get out and vote. If you don't like the view of this post and you feel so strongly about it and it makes you all kinds of crazy angry that gay people can't marry one another...do something about it. You all sould very vocal about them having the same rights, but I can guarantee that when the day comes for voting you will all be sitting behind your computers instead of on the line (probably cause most of you can't vote)and I'm sorry 9:19, very rarely do hear that these kids that go into the schools blowing other kids out of their Nike's belong to a gay couple. I think children that are brought up in the gay community and more sensitive to others feelings and have more compassion for people. Gay marriage doesn't screw up the kiddies, the parents screw up the kids doesn't matter if the're gay or not. Love the one you're with and stop worrying about what other people are doing.

Anonymous said...

^ Sorry I really do know how to spell, I'm at work and in a hurry!

Anonymous said...

Whatever look at the post it clearly said"lauren supports gay rights if that's true lauren makes me sick!" Hello we didn't jump to any conclusion you obviously didn't clarify what you meant people only know what it looked like it meant.Race, sexuality, and religilon is serious issues and as a blogger you should choose your words and statements more carefully.BTW I'm black and I know exactly what racism means thankyou and if I read a comment like " lauren supports black rights if that's true lauren makes me sick" I would be hella pissed too it would sound racist. Clarify your statements and there will be no further confusion in the future.

CRS said...

^^Look dumbass - it says in the header - Lauren Conrad supports gay marriage? - question mark its a question. I then say if she does it makes me sick. The footnote to the post is Lauren conrad supports gay rights. That os a fact. Learn to read you dumbass. And a lot of people don't truly know what racism means as the word racist is used far too often and almost 100% of the time incorrectly.

The beauty of a blog is I dont have to be sensitive. The world is far too politically correct now.

"what it looked like it meant" - exactly. They didnt stop and think or ask for a clarification the jumped to a conclusion and hid behind the anonymous tag just like you do.

4:20 and others may disagree with some of my points but they are obviously open to discussion and obviously intelligent enough to value different opinions.

Anonymous said...

9:04 get off it..."I'm black so I know about racism" Which one of us in this day in age doesn't know about racism. I can guarantee that everyone on this bloag and others have felt a victim of racism. I'm white and work in downtown Detroit at a business that is prodominately black...you don't think that I've been a victim of racism, please, I've been passed over for jobs because I'm white and everyone is so concerned about Diversity...what ever happened to who's the most quailified. Gay, Black, White, or Purple,we should all have the same rights, sad fact is, is alot (meaning the majority) feel differently. So when you go out and vote for Barrack or Hillary or McCain...I agree with 4:20, do the research and make an educated decision and not decide based on a little girls perception. The rest of these comments makes me more concerned than what CRS said in the original post...go back and "read" the post, don't just pick out certain words and run with it.

Anonymous said...

Crs gay rights goes a little bit deeper than gay people are allowed to drink from the same water fountain or ride the same bus they are not another species. Gay rights include , being able to serve in the military without hiding ones sexuality, or getting a job just not being treated differently or given the same benefits just like straight married couples.quite a few people misunderstood your comment yesterday if you had explained what you meant it would not had been perceived as it was plain and simple I could understand if it was only one person that misunderstood but it was a few so don't act like we were dumbasses you wrote it without explaining your point of view on the matter. It wasn't about gay marriage whether you agree or not but saying lauren made you "sick" because she supported gay marriage is what set people off and you said this without saying your point of veiw. Its pointless going back and forth on the matter next time you blog about that matter or any sensitive matter saying it makes you sick and saying nothing else looks ignorant. Also that ad has audrina, whitney and lauren so why only lauren made you sick? Who knows what these girls believe in noone here has had a converstion with them. Anyways I'm over this back and forth people don't know what gay people have to endure everyday of their lives but them.I have a job to report can't surf the net allday.

CRS said...

Rather than posting, if your so pro-gay - do something!!