Wednesday, October 17, 2007

John Fitzgerald Page - And you thought Spencer was BAD!

You have to read about this guy! Go to the link embedded in guy and then read the part below, you will love this whole thing, trust me!

He’s the 36-year-old Buckhead actor/model/Ivy League grad/fitness trainer/financial consultant whom Gawker.com yesterday dubbed “The Worst Person in the World” and “a colossal, mindbogglingly douchey douchebag.”
Page’s twin offenses: his bragging website, and an angry, private missive he wrote to a woman who rejected him after a brief cyberflirtation on Match.com.
Page declined my request for an interview. Considering the beating he’s taking in the blogosphere, I certainly understand his reluctance.
When I asked Page if he would consider responding to the situation with a post on CL’s website, he said he’d consider it. About two hours later, he alerted me by e-mail that he’d posted a response on his website.
Some key excerpts:
Stalin. Hitler. Bin Laden. John Fitzgerald Page. Somehow, I am ranked at #1. …
Here is my crime. Instead of just letting her float away, I let her know that I feel that if you approach me, you should meet my standards and listed facts about myself. …
She took this personal email, sent to her only, and sent it out to everyone in America. In turn, every blog in America has villified me. I am being threatened with bodily harm, told to kill and neuter myself, that I am a douchebag, etc. …
I am not perfect, nor do I pretend to be. I have no emotional I.Q. I am not much of a decorater. I am an orphan. …
Every single piece of my life has been put up for scrutiny. I only ask this - do you feel the punishment is worth the crime? An overnight internet pariah for sending a girl a personal email? Everything I have ever worked for in my life has been sullied in one day, by one person. …
My reputation is all I have. It has been severly damaged and can never be repaired. I cannot fight an overwhelming army of bloggers. …
The entire letter can be found here.
It’s hard not to feel compassion for him right now. His dating etiquette sucks and his website is cheesy, but he doesn’t deserve the amount of scrutiny and ridicule he’s receiving.

No comments: