Friday, August 15, 2014

Lauren Conrad has a deep conversation with herself......

What are three things you wish you could tell your 18-year-old self?

Well, 18-year-old Lauren, here’s my advice…
1. Wear sunscreen!
This is an obvious one. When I was a teenager, tanning was the mode du jour and I was all about getting that sun-kissed (or tanning bed orange…) glow. I felt invincible, and never thought twice about the skin damage caused by UV rays. Nowadays, I’ve learned to embrace my natural skin tone in the hopes that it will mean less wrinkles and a lower risk of skin cancer as I get older. I never leave home without my SPF.
2. Enjoy being young.
They say that youth is wasted on the young, and I couldn’t agree more. When I was 18, I was in a hurry to grow up. Instead, I wish I would have taken a beat to just enjoy being young. So many things are new when you’re that age and the level of responsibility is still low. It’s important to enjoy that phase just like any other.
3. Be an individual.
Being 18 years old means you’re at an age of many exciting changes. For so long you’ve gone to school with the same people, and everything you’ve done is with the same group of friends in more or less the same environment. Then, for the first time you get to go off on your own and make real, conscious decisions about where you want life to take you. You get to choose your school, your major, and what kind of person you’ll become. So when you’re making these decisions, be an individual. It’s the best way to discover who you really are.
There you have it!
What lessons have you learned in the last 10 years?
Share them in the comments.
XO Lauren

No comments: