Thursday, June 26, 2008

The SKINNY MARGARITA!

The Skinny Margarita

I love this drink for summer - it's low cal and doesn't have much sugar. I first heard of it while watching the Real Housewives of NYC and after trying various combinations I have tweaked the ingredients a bit. You can do the same until you have your perfect recipe. If you want to make large pitchers like I do, just multiply the ingredients. :)2 oz high quality tequila - I like Patron Silver or better.1 oz Roses sweetened lime juice1 splash of Cointreau to taste - or sometimes I use a splash of natural Agave nectar instead (sold at Trader Joes or Whole foods). Mix all the ingredients in a martini shaker with ice, then pour over lots of ice so it's really cold. Delicious!!!

I have heard other people talking about this so I thought I would pass it along even though I personally think it is kind of dumb.

No comments: