Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Lauren Conrad on new reality show, design, Jason Wahler and Heidi Montag!








 Hollywire



On her decision to leave The Hills:

"I told myself, This is the most I can do and still be happy with it. I left right before I went crazy."

On making a name for herself as a true designer:

“I’ve sacrificed and worked very hard to get where I am now. So whereas someone just getting out of fashion school may have to struggle for years to have the opportunity to start a clothing line, I’ve been working every single day since I was seventeen toward this. I’m also faced with different challenges. I go into meetings, and people have this preconceived notion of me that I didn’t work hard to get where I am.”

On Heidi Montag’s plastic surgery and Jason Wahler’s decision to join Celebrity Rehab:

“They’ve moved on to a different life now. Being on a show like that is a lot more than people think. You’re thrust into the spotlight. There’s all this pressure to act a certain way. It’s hard to adjust. You have to decide early on whether or not you’re willing to do that.”


On her return to reality TV:

"It's going to be filmed more like a documentary. It’s going to be very different. "The Hills was shot with three or four cameras; things like entrances and exits were re-shot; and if there were sound issues, we were asked to repeat what we just said. This show is going to have a smaller crew, and they'll just be following us around. It's going to have a rougher feel, but I think the end result is going to be more true.... I’m doing it on my own terms now. I get final editing approval. That was the only way I would agree to do it.”

No comments: