Friday, December 21, 2007

The latest from our BELOVED Lauren!

The Hills star tells The Chicago Sun Times that, after going to Paris, she’s 99% sure she’s going to do a fall fashion show. A FALL 2008 FASHION SHOW! That’s huge!


Check out some snippets of Lauren’s interview with the Times:


Are you a shoe gal?

[laughing] I’m a huge shoes girl. I bought this big bookshelf that I installed on the wall in my bedroom. I keep all my good shoes on it. You almost display the shoes that way. Shoes are like art to me. They need to be displayed. I used to wear mostly flip-flops, but I only own a few pairs now. Now I love my Miu Miu flats with costume jewelry on them. I love Christian Louboutin shoes. They’re soooo beautiful. I try to buy only the basic shoes there because they’re a little pricy and I feel guilty buying them. But they’re such a classic design.
Now that we’re in such a girly mood what are your makeup secrets.

Do you also have a few inexpensive skin care tips?

I do use Mark, which is Avon’s younger brand [She’s a spokesperson for the line]. Every few weeks I get a shipment of it. The truth is as much as I love shopping, I don’t like shopping for makeup. It’s all about the lighting in the store. So I think of makeup shopping like looking for a bikini in the winter. I like to get makeup at my home and try the new colors in a natural light. …As for skin care, I’ve been using ProActive forever. I didn’t have good skin in high school and this is the only thing that keeps my skin clear now. You do have to use it regularly for the best results.
Who has the best sense of style in Hollywood these days and why?

I’ve always loved the way Ashley Olsen dresses. I love the Olsen twin style. They really will try everything. These girls don’t follow a trend. They set their own trends. Anyone can open a magazine and dress the way they tell you to dress. It takes time to create your own style and the Olsens are brave and take risks. I take risks, too, wearing my clothes on the show. I’ve worn the entire line.

You’re going to Paris on future episodes of “The Hills.” How will that influence your designs?

I’ve just been to Paris and it’s 99 percent for sure I’m going to do a fall fashion show. Paris was wonderful, but I’ll always just design for myself. My style changes all the time. Being in Europe, I was touched by how beautiful everything is …breathtaking in the details

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She'll probably get a contract to pimp out proactiv.

Anonymous said...

I love u lauren! can't wait 4 The Hills to start up again.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking the same 4:35! She mentioned that for a reason - she is trying to get them to hire her. Sorry bitch jessica simpson just signed a long term deal. Go ho for dollars somewhere else. Maybe adderall will hire you since you like to snort their pills so much!

Anonymous said...

That would be hillarious if lc read this blog!!

Anonymous said...

LOL at the complete lack of traffic for all the effort you put into this.