Tuesday, April 1, 2008

LAUREN Conrad responds to more NEGATIVE press!

After last week’s New York Times preview of The Hills called Heidi Montag a feminist hero and lightly bashed Lauren Conrad, the latter told the Canadian entertainment site Dramarama that she has her own career, thank you.Not only was LC’s blonder, bitchier, fake-nose-and-breasted ex-BFF crowned with that title in an article last Monday, but Lauren was advised to “learn from Heidi” instead of “pining” for swaggering Hollywood player Brody Jenner.“You show me the girl that is not affected when a guy that she likes, likes another girl,” Lauren said in an interview at Holt Renfrew HQ in Toronto.The 22-year-old had left drama in L.A. for the weekend, coming to Canada to work - talking up her line of skirts and summer dresses, now being sold at Holt Renfrew.“I don’t think it makes me any less of a feminist because my emotions are effected,” The Hills star continues whilst promoting her fashion line.“I think that I’m very independent and I don’t let guys effect my life. I think in the past I have, and I’ve learned from it. I don’t depend on men. I have my own career.”
As for the supposed wisdom to be gleaned from her rival Heidi Montag, Lauren Conrad lowers her voice to a whisper. “I will keep my comments to myself,” she says mischievously. “I think that’s really funny.”While Heidi lunges for the brass ring by pursuing a singing career, Lauren is taking a less fame-grubbing route with her fashion line, Lauren Conrad.Rather than just lending her name to some random brand, the clothing line is actually the result of six years experience in the fashion business.“My parents gave me a really hard time about being lazy,” Lauren says. “I didn’t do very well in high school. Not interested. But once I start working on something I’m really passionate about and love, I will just keep going until I can’t.”The clothing line’s inspired by her life growing up in Laguna Beach, Calif., then moving into the schmoozey L.A. celebrity scene.There’s only thing topic off limits during the interview - the racy Audrina Patridge topless photos that have leaked onto the Internet in March.

The best way to respond Lauren, don't respond at all!

No comments: