Saturday, February 28, 2009

Open Letter to Rihanna

Dear Rihanna,

I felt very sorry for you when I heard about and saw the picture of how Chris Brown abused you. I felt sorry that someone that close to you had done something so awful to you. Many of my readers felt the same.

I heard today that you got back with Chris Brown.

This saddens me more than the fact he abused you. It saddens me that someone so talented musically has such low self esteem and self worth that you have CHOSEN to go back to your abuser.

I would hope that you could look at that picture of your broken and bruised face and not go back.

I would hope that you would have helped prosecute him to the full extent of the law.

It looks like neither of those things can happen.

I wish that you would think of Nicole Brown Simpson and what ulimately happened to her by staying close with an abuser. Chris Brown won't change, abusers don't change.

I do hope you will not meet the same fate as Nicole and many others like her who die every year at the hand's of their boyfriend or husband always assuming its something they did to set him off, they can change him, he's sorry, etc. - IT'S NOT YOUR FAULT AND NO HE WON'T CHANGE!

It might be next week or next month or a year from now but it will happen again and maybe next time it just won't be bruises or chipped teeth, it will be your life.

I feel so sorry for you and I hope you eventually have the courage to walk away from this abuser.

CRS

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice letter.

Anonymous said...

well said!

Anonymous said...

You wrote that? WOW! that was so nice please find a way to send that to her. RHIANNA is making a big mistake.

Anonymous said...

Sadly girls do this all the time, let's all hope she eventually walks away and doesn't look back and the thousands of other women in the same situation do the same.