Saturday, July 26, 2008

Lauren CONRAD calls RUMORS "ridiculous and hurtful"!


Hills star Lauren Conrad is responding to critics who say she's not involved with the creation of her clothing line, the Lauren Conrad Collection.
"The rumors that I am not the designer of my own collection are ridiculous and hurtful," the 22-year-old told Usmagazine.com exclusively. "I've been involved in this entire process, every single step of the way."
"I have wanted to be a fashion designer since I was a little girl," Conrad told Us. "I grew up designing and sewing dresses for my barbie dolls, and the Lauren Conrad Collection has been my dream come true."
See photos of Lauren Conrad's runway face-off with co-star Heidi Montag.
TMZ.com has reported that Conrad's involvement "is overstated."
A source told TMZ: "You never see her picking out fabrics, or in the cutting room, or even at the drawing board. She's not the designer, the only step she's involved in is the promotion."
But Conrad's rep countered to Us: "These claims are absurd. Lauren designs her line from start to finish. She does her own sketches, fabric selection and fittings. Her work as a designer has been documented numerous times in the press. To say she isn't the designer of the collection is 100% false."
And a source revealed to Us that Conrad is involved with the sketching, designing, and fitting of the collection.
"Lauren personally meets with fabric and trim vendors – choosing materials for each season," the source said. "She researches trends – shopping in stores and reviewing trend services."

No comments: