Monday, July 21, 2008

Lauren CONRAD on the "PAWS" event gone BAD!

From LAUREN CONRAD'S MYSPACE:


I would like to address some of the internet rumors regarding what happened at an event I attended in New York on Tuesday. I was invited by "Animal Fair Magazine" to attend a charity event, "Paws For Style" fashion show. I have always been a supporter of animal causes. I own 2 rescue animals and this sounded like a great event. I agreed to pose for the cover of the magazine, host the event, do press at the event and donate clothing, all of which I did. I was not aware of any other commitments. I was not paid to attend the event and my hotel room was donated to the charity. I also made a voluntary donation to the Humane Society for more than the cost of my airfare so there would be no expense to the charity. I have always been responsible and keep my word on all commitments. I am extremely hurt and disappointed that Wendy Diamond would go to the press and attack me with untrue statements. Anyone who knows me, knows this is not the kind of person I am or who my parents raised me to be. It's just embarrassing that people are saying these things about me. I was trying to do a good thing and help out a charity by doing everything I agreed to do. I continue to support the Humane Society, as it is a wonderful organization.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is a magazine/organization just trying to get attention. You know how many times they have been mentioned in the last few days on the news, blogs, etc. - this was a PR ploy to bring attention at the expense of Lauren.

Anonymous said...

I agree..

Anonymous said...

I know I'm sick of hearing about it. It was made into such a big deal and it wasn't. So she didn't walk a dog down the runway damn she didn't kill anyone. I hope this is the last we hear of this nonsense.