Sunday, December 14, 2008

Whitney PORT proclaims NYC guys better than LA boys!


Whitney Port prefers the guys in her new hometown - New York - to Los Angeles.
"I was recently in L.A., and I couldn’t help but think, 'Oh my gosh, everyone is kind of the exact same here,'" she says in the Dec. 14 issue of Page Six magazine. "You have all these guys in the entertainment industry who are just trying to be smooth and super-cool."
But in the Big Apple?
"The guys [in New York] are [still] trying to be cool -- guys do that everywhere -- but they're more confident and they know what they want," says Port, who's been cozying up to rocker Jay Lyon since relocating to NYC to film her Hills spinoff, The City.
See photos of the Hills stars as kids.
(Port, 23, brought Lyon home to her family for Thanksgiving, a source told Us Weekly, and they "loved him.")
Even though Port has dissed West Coast guys, she's still in touch with her Hills pals - to a certain extent.
"I still talk to them every now and again -- obviously, we've been part of such a big thing together, so we're close in that way -- but I was never too close with Audrina and Heidi," she says.
"But Lauren and I talk," she adds. " If anybody knows what I'm going through right now it's her."
Look back at photos of Lauren Conrad's 22 years of drama.
Port says she didn't intend to have her own show (The City premieres Dec. 29), much less end up on The Hills.
"I had an interview [for an internship at Teen Vogue] and then got a phone call from MTV a couple of days later. They were like, 'We're shooting this documentary-style TV show about girls growing up in L.A. and the fashion industry, blah blah blah' and I was like, 'OK that's interesting, whatever.'
"And the next thing I knew, they wanted to cast me on the show," she says. "But I was really just trying to get the job at Teen Vogue!"
See photos from the fourth season of The Hills.
Port, who also designs a line called Eve & A, says she tries to stay true to herself despite reality fame.
"I've never really noticed anyone giving me a hard time [since becoming famous.] Maybe they are and I'm just naive," she admits.
"But I figure if I just stay true to myself and I am the Whitney that I've always been, people will look at me not as Whitney from the show, but as a human being," she says.
I have to agree with Whitney, LA boys just seem pretty and dumb ala Doug and Brody.

2 comments:

CRS said...

^^I did forget Spencer and he does probably give the worst name possible to LA boys!

Anonymous said...

Spencer is dumb but not pretty.