Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Whitney Port recaps Episode One of The City!

Hey everyone! So last night was the big night -- I hope all of you were able to watch The City and I would love to hear what you thought of it.Me and my entire family gathered at my house in LA to watch it and I thought it would be fun to give you a little recap with my own take on the episode -- and a little juicy behind the scenes stuff too!

The episode began with an introduction of my transition from LA life to city life and I can't even tell you how sad I was to see the scene of me and Lauren saying goodbye. My eyes got really watery and I almost broke down, but within seconds excitement took over!

So the episode introduced you guys to a lot of new people! First came Olivia, who I met on my first day at Diane Von Furstenberg. I was already so nervous for my first day there, and it became even worse when I met her because she seemed so experienced!

Olivia taught me what a socialite really is -- I mean I sort of knew the parameters of what it takes to be a "social" considering I have grown up in Hollywood, but I found it so interesting that you can be completely self-made in the cutthroat environment that is New York Çity!

Next Erin was introduced. She and I actually met through our ex-boyfriends (they were best friends) at Coachella -- a big music festival. We had all stayed in an RV together there and instantly hit it off! I loved her free spirit and outgoing personality and I knew our friendship would last.And of course, you all already knew Jay from The Hills! It was so crazy/surreal for me to have one of my first dates with Jay filmed! First dates are awkward enough, let alone having four cameras in your face, but our connection was so real that it didn't even phase us! I love the part where Jay does his American accent lol.

I force him to do it ALL the time. It's one of my favorite things he does! My attempt at an Australian accent is something he could do without, i'm sure.After the date, I didn't think the cameras had caught us kissing down the street, but sure enough they did!!!The DVF fashion show was probably one of the most hectic days of my life! My first week of work and I was already working backstage at Diane Von Furstenberg's spring show and meeting her for the first time.

We had an awesome front row that included Jennifer Lopez, Eva Longoria, Uma Thurman, Rosario Dawson, Rachel Zoe, Molly Sims, and so many others -- everything turned out absolutely beautifully -- it was a BIG day for DVF!Have to run out for a bit, but I'll post more from last night's episode later this afternoon! Ciao.

I wish Lauren would do this for the Hills. It's cool to have the extra insight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wish lauren would recap a fake reality show? I think by the low ratings of THE CITY Nobody cares about this stuff anymore. The city sucks and the problem with the hills is that they made it more about everyone else and less about lauren.

Anonymous said...

Whitney aka ms. Brainless gave some guy her number in front of tmz and then they posted it on their website. She's really desperate and dumb.

Anonymous said...

It was a fake number get over yourself!

Anonymous said...

Why would you comment if you dislike it all so much?

Anonymous said...

I think Laguna beach was the ultimate hit, and the hills was a close second. "The City" is very boring and its repetitive. I don't like it... It is not within Whitney to be bitchy and dramatic. She is very bland (but that's not a bad thing, who wants stupid unnecessary drama in their life??) Bland is good.
I don't like New York City, i think its ugly and dirty.. The scenes in this show can't compare to the beauty in California. There are too many negatives for me.
Oh and one more thing... the guy Whitney is dating looks really dirty and smelly.

I hate this show.

Anonymous said...

Nice blog!! i have a link from which you can watch the hills episode and you can also download them.