Saturday, December 20, 2008

Lo BOSWORTH talks Fitness! SERIOUSLY?

Lo Bosworth - Which "Hills" Costar Would She Switch Bodies With?
Posted: Dec 18th 2008 7:00AM by Fitz K.


Curious to know how celebrities squeeze fitness into their daily lives? Want to know the secrets of the stars? Bi-weekly our That's Fit fitness expert Fitz sits down with the celebs we want to know more about, and digs out their great and not-so-great methods to staying healthy.


The Hills season finale on December 22 is quickly approaching on MTV, and I was able to catch up with reality star Lo Bosworth for a quick interview. To find out how she stays in shape and what her "realities" are while starring on this hit show, read on.


Fitz: How'd you end up on The Hills? What goes in to that?


Lo: Well, I started out on Laguna Beach back in high school. Then I went away to college. I was at UCSB and I transferred to UCLA my junior year. That was when Lauren and I were able to spend more time together. So I started going out a little bit and sometimes they would be filming. And then at some point, the producers just asked me to re-join the show.


Fitz: You're on a reality show but not necessarily a "performer" in Hollywood. You're supposed to be "real," but do you feel tons of pressure to be thin, beautiful and well dressed all the time?

Will Lo launch her own fashion line? Read on!


Lo: Um, yeah. The Hills is such a bizarre, popular show. The girls on the show are in the tabloids all the time and they're subject to the media and criticism and all of that. So I think as horrible as it is, image is definitely important.


Fitz: What do you do for fitness?


Lo: I have a personal trainer who I try to meet with two or three times a week. We have a brand new puppy, and I take her up Runyon Canyon on the off days.


Fitz: Tell me about your eating habits.


Lo: My eating habits, hmm. It goes back and forth. I love Italian food – pizza and pasta are probably my favorite things. So, for a girl like me, it's really hard to stay away from that. I've tried to switch to whole-grain, whole-wheat everything. That way, I can still indulge a little bit but it's healthier in general. I've learned that for me personally, I can't totally avoid any one thing. I can't deprive myself of anything, because when I start eating it again, I go overboard. It's everything in moderation for me.


Fitz: What is your favorite healthy food?


Lo: I really love quinoa, which a lot of vegans eat because it's so high in protein. Essentially it's a grain – it's kind of like rice – but it's way better for you.


Fitz: What's your favorite not-so-healthy food?


Lo: Cheese pizza.

Fitz: What's on your iPod?


Lo: Soho Dolls. I like Brazilian Girls too.


Fitz: If you could switch physiques with any other female on The Hills, who would it be and why?
Lo: Any other female on The Hills, probably Whitney because she's so tall, and she still has boobs!

Fitz: Have you ever struggled with your weight or dieted? What are the best and worst things you've ever tried?

Lo: College was the hardest time for me and I'm still coming off of that. I was really thin in high school. I ran cross country, so I was always a crazy work out girl. Then I got to college and I was like, "Hey I'm in college, I don't have to do anything." You know? So I started to drink beer, eat bad food, and avoid the gym. Since coming off college – like probably the past two years, I've realized I've put on weight and I need to get back down to a level I'm comfortable with. You know, especially with how clothes fit and everything. I guess it's really about changing my eating habits and exercising. It's the basic stuff everyone tells you to do – you need to eat healthy and you need to exercise. It really does make a difference. It doesn't happen overnight, though!

Fitz: What advice do you have for the average Joe or Jane just trying to become more fit?

Lo: You just have to go to the gym once. Exercising for the first time puts you in motion. People really, really struggle with getting out there and exercising for the very first time. I think that once you have that behind you, it's so much easier to keep going. And if you get to a point where you don't exercise for a few weeks, you just have to do that one day and get in the gym again or go on a walk. And once you start exercising, you'll want to start eating healthier, it goes hand-in hand.

Fitz: Lauren and Heidi have their own fashion lines – are you planning one too?

Lo: No, actually. You know, I love clothes. I have an appreciation for fashion, but designing is not something that I'm interested in.

Fitz: Where do you see yourself five years from now?

Lo: I'm interested in hosting – I love all the television shows like Regis & Kelly and The View. Five years from now, I would love to see myself on a show like that, on a panel or with my own talk show. I'm also interested in writing, specifically children's literature.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, wonder why Lo doesn't mention all the coke she did in HS!