Friday, September 21, 2007

LC speaks

Hills star Lauren Conrad has had a tough time! With best friend Heidi Montag ditching her for Spencer Pratt, ex-boyfriend Jason Wahler surprising her with his engagement, and nary a suitable single guy in sight (so far), this Laguna Beach native could use a relationship break.
While her love-life is on hold, LC has focused on her work, designing a clothing line and of course, filming The Hills. Conrad tells Seventeen, however, that she came close to quitting the show.

Read on for excerpts:

On the pitfalls of fame:"Some people are willing to betray years of friendship just to get a little bit of the spotlight. They just want to become famous so badly, and that’s never really made sense to me. I mean, it’s fun to go out and do stuff in Hollywood, but if it was gone tomorrow, I really wouldn’t be disappointed."

On almost leaving The Hills:"I actually came dangerously close to not doing season three, because I really didn’t want to do the show with Heidi and Spencer. I’m not who they are. I don’t stage my own publicity. I just kind of live my life and do my job, and I don’t want to be grouped with them. [MTV] says Heidi and Spencer were always a part of the show, and they can’t all of a sudden make main characters disappear. And so we continue to follow their lives, and the producers keep letting Heidi and Spencer think there’s some hope [that we’ll make up]."

On her dating rules:"I don’t kiss on the first date. My friends always make fun of me for that! But I will hold hands."

Catch up with all your favorites on Usmagazine.com's Hills home page. From character bios to articles and videos, we've got your Hills fix covered.

No comments: