Thursday, September 11, 2008

Lauren CONRAD to write BOOKS? Seriously? OH BROTHER!

Lauren Conrad has signed on to write a three-book series of young adult fiction for HarperCollins, the publisher tells People.
The 22-year-old Hills star revealed the books will be loosely based on Lauren’s experience turning into a reality TV star.
“It’s definitely influenced by my own life,” Lauren said. “The books are about a girl who moves to L.A. and stars in a reality show, so obviously there are some similarities.”
On who will be included in her books, The Hills star shared, “I’m not trying to do a fictional story based on all my friends in my real life because their stories aren’t really mine to tell. Some of the characters may symbolize people in my life, but it is in no way calling anyone out.”
“I run ideas by Lo [Boswoth] and I’ll ask for her opinion because I value my friends’ opinions,” Lauren said.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh cool, I don't think I'm going to read it though eventhough I love the hills I'm sure it's going to interesting

Anonymous said...

^^^Lauren writing, interesting, I have my doubts!!

Anonymous said...

I wonder how much she's getting paid for this?

CRS said...

Hard to say. She is an unporven author with a niche following on tv. I would doubt she recieved a huge advance like a Hillary or Bill Clinton when they wrote their memoirs. I would suspect most if not all of the money she made would be on the back end and based on sales.

Anonymous said...

I would say they'll be a "ghost writer" and Lauren won't have much to do with the book except a few ideas for plots and the marketing of it. Still, capitalize on your fame while you can!! I'd read it!

Anonymous said...

^^agree. She might as well capitalize as much as she can. Look at the Olsen's - billionaires now all because their family and advisers were smart enough to market and merchandise a brand featuring them. Too bad they are too screwed up to really appreciate it.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure she got an advance of some sort though. Especially since they'll be using her to market these books. I'll read it. I read Nicole Richie's book and actually liked it.

Anonymous said...

These are fiction books not an lc life story.

Anonymous said...

I read somewhere she'll get 1 million for a 3 book deal. Lauren is cashing in can't fault her.