Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I would be SHOCKED if.....

Barack Obama is not our next President. I will not vote for him and I will not vote for John McCain(mainly because of the Sarah Palin selection but also because John McCain does not seem to want to be President). I will vote for the libertarian, Bob Barr, as I believe he best reflects my values this election. Some people will say I am doing a disservice as Barack is a danger and certainly McCain is better than Barack. The simple fact is the Republicans have spent too much money the last eight years and outside of preventing further terrorist attacks which is substantial, they have done little else. I can certainly understand people's desire for change. Whether Barack can provide tax cuts as he has promised, engineer a meaningful energy policy and create jobs are all questionable at best. I hope those that really believe in him are correct and he is a great President, again I have my doubts, and in four years the country is better shape than today. Only time will give us that answer.

Here is what I suspect will happen, taxes will rise for all of us, they will have to rise in all honesty to begin to pay down the country's excessive and dangerous debt. We will pay more in not only income taxes but capital gains taxes and hidden taxes. I suspect four years from now we will be no closer to a meaningful energy policy than we are today, I suspect oil will not see over $110.00 per barrell during the Obama administration mainly due to a prolonged recession and lessened demand. As gas prices stabilize most likely in the$1.50 to $2.50 range, people will simply not care about energy. We have become an ADHD society afterall. Healthcare is a wildcard, I do believe change will come and most likely not for the better. Four years from now I suspect we will still have a large contingent of troops in Iraq though not at today's levels. I suspect four years from now Russia will be more dangerous than today as will Iran and China and North Korea. I suspect at some point Barack's lack of expierence in international affairs will be a problem.

Again, I hope I am wrong and Barack is a great President.

I will predict that in four years things will be about the same and many that craved meaningful change will be disappointed and again crave change and I predict President Obama will not get a second term.

I guess we'll see in four years.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thats amazing story.

Anonymous said...

i love your blog but disagree with all you say....i will be voting for Obama this election and pray that he wins, but regardless of who wins dont you think we should at least have some faith/support for our next president? Im tired of anti-obama predictors, predicting a gloomy and dreadful four years....Bush appeared harmless and look where that got us!, why dont you instead of being pessimistic pray that America can/will get out of this mess because after all the bickering and slamming is done, the reality remains that MANY AMERICANS are suffering , and i sincerely hope and believe that our next president whether it be McCain or Obama does something about this mess we are in. And i would say the same thing even if McCain won... on that note, make sure you vote (regardless of who) we can complain and then do nothing!!!

Anonymous said...

*cant

CRS said...

7:10 - did you read my post? I do HOPE if he is elected and which I expect that he does become an excellent President. I have my doubts but I do hope that he turns out to be great be the savior and the guiding light that many expect him to be. Personally at this point I just hope he turns out to be a citizen.