Tuesday, August 14, 2007

LC is game to do a 4th season - there's a shocker!

"The Hills" star Lauren Conrad is not, she says, a spoiled brat."From the first show I did, people think I'm a spoiled brat and I don't work hard - just because I was very lucky to grow up in a privileged area," she told the Daily News."I work harder than most 21-year-olds," she says. "I've got a clothing line, an accessory line. I'm the spokesperson for a cosmetics company. I go to school and I have a social life."Conrad burst on the scene in 2004 with the MTV reality soap "Laguna Beach." When that ended, she became the centerpiece of "The Hills," which starts its third season tonight at 10."The Hills" follows Conrad as she maneuvers around Los Angeles, handles a job at Teen Vogue and hangs with her on-again, off-again friends, like Heidi Montag, a big "Hills" figure.Lately, the buzz has focused on a feud with Montag. Tonight's episode includes a nasty blowup between the two.Watching this stuff, Conrad says, can be difficult."It's as real as any reality show gets. Everything that happens in that show, it happens in our lives," she says."I, personally, had my first real heartbreak on camera. I can't watch that again," she added. "When I watch fights, I get upset again. I remember when I watched it again, my heart started beating fast again."MTV's crews track Conrad and her pals five days a week for months at a time. Since the show took off, she and her cohorts have been a fixture in gossip columns and celebrity magazines.Conrad said it's still weird to be photographed by paparazzi, but she admits to reading the magazines."You have to laugh at yourself," she said. "I used to let things hurt my feelings. I remember the first timesomething bad came out, I called my mother and she said, 'Get over it.'"MTV is yet to order another season of "The Hills," though it's early."I love the show so much, I probably would do another season," said Conrad.At the same time, though, she would welcome some time out of the limelight."I'm actually kind of looking forward to it," she said. "I've never been the kind of person who enjoys the attention on me. I definitely like working behind the camera. I'm very lucky to have had this opportunity."


**Let's see LC has no talent, she gets paid to do the show, she can get in anywhere she wants because of mtv and the show, she has a clothing line coming out that needs promotion - ummm, why wouldn't she do another season?

No comments: