Thursday, November 1, 2007

That's a lot of purple!

US Fashion Round TableThe ladies of 'The Hills' dish about what's hot now - and whose style has slippedOur panel of expertsLauren Conrad, star, The Hills; designerWhitney Port, costar, The Hills; Teen Vogue stafferAudrina Partridge, costar, The HillsSince MTV'S reality hit 'The Hills' debuted last year, it's trendy trinity has had fans tuning in as much for their fashion forwardness as their L.A. adventures. Always dressed to impress, whether lounging poolside at the Roosevelt hotel or hitting Les Deux for a sizzling night out, they've become the new template for what's young, sexy and chic. (Conrad even launched her own clothing line, The Lauren Conrad Collection, last month.) The trio dished on their style obsessions with US fashion director Sasha Charnin Morrison.

When did you first realize your love of fashion?

WHITNEY: Growing up, my Grandma held "fashion shows" where she'd dress us up and videotape us. We had wigs and everything!
LAUREN: I had a battery powered sewing machine when I was 7. I used to make my own Barbie clothes.

Who is the best dressed star in Hollywood today?
LAUREN: Jessica Alba, Ashley Olson and Nicole Ritchie
AUDRINA: Kate Moss has that European edge. Nicole Ritchie has an L.A. girl style
WHITNEY Mischa Barton and Kate Moss

Whose style has gone down this year?
ALL: Britney Spears!!Who has most improved this year?
WHITNEY: Jessica Biel is looking a lot better. She's very put-together now.
LAUREN: Ashlee Simpson looks great too.

What are your top fall trends?
LAUREN: I like huge scarves. And a stiletto heel looks sexy with everything.
WHITNEY: A leather jacket is great right now. Bright colors, hats, boots, and big sweaters. I am over the whole muumuu dress thing.

What in your closet would you never give up?

AUDRINA: I love my leather jacket. It dresses up any outfit.
LAUREN: My black Chanel purse. My ex-boyfriend gave it to me, but it goes with everything.

Do you have a style icon?

LAUREN: Rachel Zoe. Everyone she dresses looks amazing.

WHITNEY: Anna Wintour. I am sure she has the best stuff in her closet!I

f you could work with any designer on a red carpet gown, who would it be?

LAUREN: Philip Lim. His designs are so creative and feminine.

WHITNEY: Valentino or Oscar de la RentaAUDRINA: Betsey Johnson, because she's fun and crazy.

Have you ever made a fashion mistake?

AUDRINA: My dorky prom dresses. I thought they were so cool back then, but now: never!

WHITNEY: I once wore these high-waisted black pants and a chunky Chanel black belt. It was really gaudy!

How would you describe your personal style?

AUDRINA: I'm more casual and comfy, but I like my clothes to have a bit of a sexy edge.

LAUREN: I'm into form-fitting dresses. I'm girlie.

WHITNEY: I think it changes every day.

Tips:"Be an individual: I wear what makes me feel confident" WHITNEY

"We all love Bleu in L.A.: It's one-stop shopping!" LAUREN

"H&M has cool pieces you can mix with the expensive stuff!" AUDRINA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Um, they have a lot of nerve judging other people's style. What a joke. Just because MTV arranged an internship for you does not make you an expert, L.C.

Anonymous said...

LC is so not an expert on anything let alone fashion!

Anonymous said...

how in the hell did that mess britney sell over 125,000 records the first day?

Anonymous said...

I'm totally missing something...Since when did Audrina start working for Teen Vogue?

Anonymous said...

^^^^would you rather have seen that old hag lisa love?