Tuesday, November 27, 2007

You have been forewarned! Heidi is going to get into fashion and make a bunch of cheap crap and try and get you to buy it!

Just when you thought the drama between Heidi Montag and Lauren Conrad was dying down on The Hills, Heidi ups the ante with her own clothing line just months after Lauren launched hers. At an event for clothing chain Anchor Blue in Los Angeles, Heidi confirmed her new project with the brand to PEOPLE, telling us “It’s going to be called Heidiwood, and I’m so excited I can’t even tell you!” But unlike Lauren’s line, where most pieces are over $100, Heidi is looking to “be very price-range oriented. I want all my fans to be able to buy it. I want to bring that fashionable clothing line down to a price range where people can actually afford it.” And what to expect of the line, which will launch next spring? ” I do want to do some cute spring dresses, some little flowy summer dresses. I just want it to be fun for girls.” But what we really want to know is how does Heidi expect her line to stack up against Lauren’s? Heidi tells PEOPLE that “[Lauren’s] is more of bows and a little girlier, and mine’s going to be more sexy and fun. I think they can both do well. They’re very different. So good luck to her, and I’m not doing this to compete.” Sure, but is there room in The Hills for two designers? We’ll have to tune in and see.

No comments: