Thursday, January 22, 2009

Erin LUCAS dishes in a NEW INTERVIEW! (January 2009)





Like the rest of "Hills-ians" I was looking forward to Whitney Port's adventures in "The City" with an equal mix of excitement and trepidation. Would Whit blossom in the spotlight or would it expose her as nothing more than a series of fun faces?
Luckily "The City" has proven to be just as cheesily delicious as the show it was spun off from. Whitney is a compelling lead and has surrounded herself with a cast of characters who are more than vacant stares and ceiling eyes. My fave is BFF Erin Lucas, who offered Whit a couch to sleep on and a shoulder to lean on in the series first batch of episodes. But exactly who is Erin?
How did she meet Whitney? What does she do? And is her dad really a rock star? Let's find out together, shall we?
PopWrap: How did you and Whitney meet?
Erin Lucas: Whitney and I have been friends for years. Our ex-boyfriends are actually best friends, so we met at Coachella and shared an RV. We became fast friends.
PW: So how did you become involved with "The City?"
Erin: Funnily enough, I received a Facebook message about [the show]. She told MTV about me and it just happened really organically.
PW: Had you two stayed in touch while living on opposite coasts?
Erin: Of course. She was my LA buddy. Whitney showed me around and introduced me to everyone out there, so naturally I was happy to return the favor when she came here.
PW: Everyone needs a friend with a couch!
Erin: It can be a really overwhelming city if you don't know anyone.
PW: So, had you watched "The Hills"?
Erin: Oh god yeah! I watched it with my girlfriends every time it was on. So I definitely knew what I was getting myself into.
PW: So is it weird to go from viewer to star?
Erin: I'm not going to lie. I've had a couple of times where it's been like, "What am I doing with my life?!?" But at the end of the day, I'm having so much fun with it and spending time with one of my very best friends. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't even be a part of this project.
PW: Was it important to you not to be portrayed as just another girl silently chewing?
Erin: Ha! All those awkwardly long stares. To be honest, I have a small case of verbal diarrhea, so things just kinda come out. I've always been someone who said what was on her mind.
PW: What about adjusting to life in front of the cameras?
Erin: It's definitely weird at first, but I am sort of a ham. I grew up with a camera in my hand, hosting things and just playing around. I've always been a goofball, so I'm loving it. But it's weird trying to zone them out while having a serious conversation.
PW: Or trying to have a romantic moment.
Erin: That was so weird. It's taken a long time to get used to, especially being romantic with a significant other on camera. It's much different than goofing off with your friends.
PW: What's your take on Olivia Palermo?
Erin: I've only hung out with her a handful of times. She's never been mean to me, but I don't know her that well. I only know what Whitney tells me, which is that she's friendly.
PW: But you did get called a hooker at her dinner party. That wasn't that most inviting...
Erin: She definitely didn't hear that part, but that was hilarious. So awkward! It wasn't the warmest environment, but it was sweet of her to invite us over. It was a gorgeous party.
PW: That's not really the crowd you run with. Is that part of the fun of being on the show?
Erin: Trying new things is always fun for me. Maybe it's weird, but I love being in new environments and that was no exception. It wasn't my scene, but throw me in with anyone and I'll be fine.
PW: So my sister is obsessed with your clothes and wants to know if you've always been into fashion?
Erin: That's sweet, but if you saw pictures of me in high school it was bad -- like bleach-blonde hair. I'd love to say that I've always been fashion forward but it took a lot of trial and error.
PW: I know that your dad is Cliff Williams, the bass player from AC/DC.
Are you musical?
Erin: I can carry a tune -- I like to sing.
PW: So should we expect an Erin Lucas CD dropping soon?
Erin: I don't know. I got a recording device from my dad for Christmas last year and it's still dusty. I just like to play around with it and piss my neighbors off, but I don't know about doing it professionally.
PW: Since we haven't seen anything about what you do on the show, let me ask -- what career are you interested in?
Erin: I'm dabbling at this point in my life, but some things are going to happen on the show.
PW: Like what, you get a job?
Erin: Mum's the word! You'll have to watch and see -- I wish I could tell you but I'd get a slap on the wrist.
PW: Sounds like you're already comfortable with the "no spoilers" game -- so what can you tell fans about this season of "The City?"
Erin: We're growing up -- learning about ourselves. We're 24 now, out of college and trying to figure out what to do with our lives. Sort of going through this quarter-life crisis, so we're learning and exploring together and having a lot of fun doing it!
Must be nice to "dabble" as she puts it, Erin is another spoiled, daughter of a celebrity from 20 years ago who now bums around. Get a job. Quit living off your parents money.
"The City" airs Mondays at 10 pm on MTV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the interview was great, up until that nasty comment by the writer at the end. Pretending to be nice and then taking a stab later on. SOOOOO FAKE!