Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lauren CONRAD visits NYLON Magazine!




It's no secret that I watch too much TV. So when Lauren Conrad - whom you probably know from The Hills - made an appointment with NYLON's fashion team this week, I pounced."Please?" I winked to fashion director J. Errico, and I guess I looked innocent enough, because he added me into the meeting.So let's get the obvious stuff out of the way:Yes, she really is that pretty in person, looking more like a Disney princess than even Amy Adams in Enchanted. And yes, she's also really nice, sharply smart, and actually kind of funny: "The first two seasons of my clothes are all named after my friends," she explained, "But then, you know, I totally ran out of friends!"And as for those clothes: She's into her third season of the Lauren Conrad line, which is all made from jersey cotton that's made in downtown Los Angeles. The line ranges from $40 - $220, available to buy online or at Intermix, and we really liked some of the pieces. They layer well, they deal with all different body types, "and they're machine washable AND dryable!" exclaimed Lauren. If only she'd had the same luxury with the Alberta Ferretti gown she totally ruined on last night's Hills...Anyway, Lauren swore "my clothes look better on my friends than they do on the hanger," so we put her thesis to the test, dressing up our intern Caitlin (who bears a suspicious resemblance to Lauren's partner-in-crime, Whitney Port) in three of our favorite Lauren Conrad pieces.
Do they belong in a future issue of NYLON?
Have a look and let us know what you think...FARAN KRENTCIL

No comments: